3 tablespoons tamari
3⁄4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Zest of one orange
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped with whites and greens separate
1 tablespoons rice cooking wine
1 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1⁄2 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1) Cook meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated. While cooking make the sauce.
2) In a bowl, whisk together the tamari, orange juice, brown sugar and orange zest. Set aside.
3) In a wok or large pan, add peanut oil, the minced ginger, garlic, crushed red chili pepper and whites of the green onions and stir-fry for just a few seconds until fragrant.
4) Add the rice wine, the vinegar, and the orange tamari mixture. Combine and then add in the meatballs.
5) In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch to make a slurry and then add it to the pan and stir until sauce has thickened.
6) Top meatballs with sesame seeds and green part of green onions