Meatball Tortellini Soup
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1-quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
- Heat the olive oil in a pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and celery to the pot; cook, stirring until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and 3 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Add the meatballs to the pot along with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the tortellini and cook until they float to the top, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan